Thursday, May 19, 2016

Cover Crush: Cursed Once More by Amanda DeWees

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


I fell in love with the cover of Amanda DeWees' Cursed Once More the moment it appeared in my Goodreads recommendations. Silhouettes always catch my eye, but I always do a double take when the designer inverts the traditionally dead space and to emphasize something else. The rich tones of the manor house, flower field, and sunset draw the eye, but I also love the detail and dimension of the subtle filigree and corner elements that frame the central image. 

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN MORE WISHLISTS?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Stephanie at IndieBrag
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired

3 comments:

Colleen Turner said...

LOVE IT!!! Adding this one to my wish list, solely based on the cover (what? That isn't the best way to judge a book? ;)).

Pam Lecky said...

This would catch me eye too. Lovely - thanks for sharing. P

Cookie said...

You might like this one :)

bit.ly/timeandstars

Pretty mosaic. I think the original is called the Mona Lisa of the Galilee.

I'm obsessed with pretty cover art, and while I KNOW it doesn't always mean a good read, I can't help myself. SO thanks for Cover Crush. :)