Thursday, May 12, 2016

Cover Crush: The Beast's Garden by Kate Forsyth

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


I do a double take every time I stumble across Kate Forsyth's The Beast's Garden. The contrast created by the bright red against the clean white background always draws my eye, but the sepia image in the lower third adds additional depth to the design. I also like how the model in the upper third is looking out from the cover, almost as if she is challenging readers to consider her story. 

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN MORE WISHLISTS?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Heather at The Maiden's Court
Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired

2 comments:

Anna Belfrage said...

A winner! One of those covers that are distinctive enough to stick out in a crowd - and it also hints at the contents inside.

Erin Davies said...

Well put Anna. :)