Thursday, February 25, 2016

Cover Crush: Whispers in the Reading Room by Shelley Gray

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


I am not a fan of Shelley Gray's Chicago World's Fair Mystery series, but I love this jacket. Something about this image, the fact that it features both a man and a woman, the clothes they are wearing and the fact that they're obviously surrounded by books makes me do a double-take every time. Not sure what's going on with the layered patterns, but they aren't bold enough to distract my eye or ruin the intrigue of the other elements in the design.

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!


2 comments:

Magdalena Johansson said...

I couldn't finish the book, but like you I love the cover.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm not familiar with the book or the series, but it is gorgeous.