Thursday, September 8, 2016

Cover Crush: Under the Jewelled Sky by Alison McQueen

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


I know nothing about Under the Jewelled Sky by Alison McQueen, but I love the cover. It's got a clean look to it and I really like how the teal plays against the yellow tones at the bottom of the page. It's straight up pretty and I like how the designer didn't feel obligated to complicate the image or throw in a cliched headless woman. 

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN SEEING MORE?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Holly at 2 Kids are Tired
Stephanie at Layered Pages

1 comment:

Mystica said...

Its my first time with this meme but it is certainly an important one. The cover draws the eye (and the mind in) despite whatever says!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...