Thursday, July 7, 2016

Cover Crush: Veil of Time by Claire R. McDougall

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


Claire R. McDougall's Veil of Time wasn't the most engaging piece, but I absolutely adore the cover. I often see silhouettes that utilize blank space this way, but I don't often see visual elements projected onto the body of a model. It's an interesting technique and I feel the overall effect both memorable and striking. 

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN SEEING MORE?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Magdalena at It's a Mad Mad World



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...