Thursday, April 14, 2016

Cover Crush: The Eleanor of Aquitaine Series by Elizabeth Chadwick

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


The design of Elizabeth Chadwick's Eleanor of Aquitaine series is relatively simple, but I love it just the same. The silhouettes, texture, and subtle details draw my eye and I appreciate the classic elegance of the layout. I think the bolder backdrops on The Winter Crown and The Autumn Throne more striking than the subdued tones on The Summer Queen, but even so, I can't deny the collective visual appeal of the set.

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN MORE WISHLISTS?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Magdalena at It's a Mad Mad World
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired


1 comment:

Elizabeth Chadwick said...

Ooh, thank you very much Erin! My publishers at Sphere will be delighted to see this! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...