Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cover Crush: Veronica Speedwell Mystery Series by Deanna Raybourn

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


The original artwork for A Curious Beginning didn't do it for me, but what's being done at this point in the series is absolutely stunning. The love the use of the full body silhouettes and how the cover artist played with the lighting. There is a lot of deep color on each, and I like how each looks almost embossed. Details from book one can be seen in the cover if one knows what to look for and while I can't speak for book two, it wouldn't surprise me if small references were worked into the design.  

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN MORE WISHLISTS?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Magdalena at It's a Mad Mad World
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired


3 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Stunning. Absolutely stunning!

Erin Davies said...

I am totally in love with these ones. Would be interested even if I didn't love the author's work. ;)

Audra said...

I'm with you -- a good cover always sucks me in, no matter what! I know I shouldn't care, but I do! And I love these covers -- and like Erin, I'd be interested despite the author's name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...