Thursday, February 4, 2016

Cover Crush: A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


Don't you just love the warmth in this cover? The lighter colors drew my eye and I love how the red pops against the softer tones of the city in the background. Another thing I like about this jacket is that the model's full face is visible. There's something intriguing in her eyes and like how the artist used that to their advantage when designing this cover. 

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!


2 comments:

Kathleen Kelly said...

I admit and proud of it, I judge a book by its cover first, if it makes me look twice then I read the description. A lot of the covers now are so gorgeous!

Amy Bruno said...

This is one I definitely need to buy in hardcover. It's just so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...