Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cover Crush: Helen of Sparta and By Helen's Hand by Amalia Carosella

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the virtual shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those jackets that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


Amalia Carosella's Helen of Sparta and By Helen's Hand are striking both for the relative simplicity of the jacket designs and the color contrast between each volume. I love that I can look at these books and infer they are part of the same series without reading the plot description, but I also like how each appears to represent a different phase of Helen's life. 

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!


2 comments:

Heather C said...

I love these covers. Still need to get to the first book in this series. love the colors, not ones you see too often

Erin Davies said...

The first book is on my favorites list Heather. I highly recommend it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...