Thursday, January 7, 2016

Cover Crush: Fagin's Boy Series by Christina E. Pilz

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the virtual shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those jackets that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


Cristina E. Pilz' Fagin's Boy series has stopped me in my tracks on more than one occasion. Forgive me for gushing, but I absolutely love the deep colors and antique feel of these designs. It's deceptively simple, but the layered components grant each installment unexpected dimension and depth. I also love the subtle detailing such as the detailing around the edges of title circle and the discrete border enhancement the climbs up the left hand side.

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!


3 comments:

Heather C said...

Yes! I LOVE these covers too! So evocative of the time and place.

Colleen Turner said...

I get cover crushes all the time! These are beautiful covers!

Erin Davies said...

Happens to me on a regular basis too Colleen.

I call myself a 'cover slut' in several of my reviews. I figured 'crush' was a more appropriate term. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...